Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Store



Store was one of my favorite games as a child. My Mother saved the packages of oatmeal, maccaroni, dish soap, anything I wouldn't hurt myself on. I keept my stock in large brown paper grocery bags, do you remember them. They smelled good and you could doodle on them. I often lined up my stock ready for the next customer, which was me, I took turns running the store and buying stuff from it. Like the old joke about the box of the toy being more fun then the contents. I loved the boxes, and containers and the package design...(i still do), although as a grown up I am aware of waste and the cost to all, anyway. It tingles the skin to say my "store" is up. I am at a real crossroads with the type of thing I want to produce...ah growth never easy walking in the dark afraid of stumbles, but anyway.. I launched my store with etsy (a site that features handmade stuff for sale) because I can do it, restocking of my shelves is quick and fun, as I mentioned before I am not a naturally technical lassy. It is great to play store in this way, I encourage you to visit and check out some of the other wonderful crafty handmade mechandise made by others as well as myself...ou la la, it is fun. With that said I cut the ribbon and say "Welcome to my Store"...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I've been waiting with great anticipation for your shop to open. Just now as I was looking at it the items were growing right before my eyes...I have a friend who definitely needs a dancing fish... fun

Anonymous said...

oooh! store! i am going right over-
:)
and yes there does seem to be a funny tummy bug going round toronto-
:(
but it isn't TOO bad, hope we are better by saturday!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful description of your store. I happy await the arrival of my word bundle!
I've been away tooooooo long!
Wishing you many sales and long lines!
Snowbear
http://rock-paper-scissors.typepad.com

Blog Archive