Tuesday, August 02, 2005

gold beaded slippers

today i wore my small gold slippers
little shoes you have seen around
net and foam and bead work for around $4
suddenly i tread softly
and delicately
lightly and gingerly
i am friend to bird and beast
i have stepped out of fable and fairy tale
today i went to summer this day at the mall
to watch and listen
to see the pets at the pet shop
and see what is interesting at the movie store
in my little gold shoes
stepping lightly deliberately
suddenly the things i take interest in are gentler and richer
richer in colour and texture
time is on my side, for heavens sake i have gold GOLD shoes!!
how can i be a mere mortal with these slippers on
i am princess
and because they are utterly common
a happy trend, i fit in
just like all the others in the pretty beaded shoes
i am Aladin's friend in Arabian Nights
the central character never mind I am a girl
mundane steps are not quite the same in
gold beaded slippers
i must be dreaming wearing slippers out
i float
this is how light they are
this is how magic...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

they are so magical! i always find i step so lightly when wearing "dainty" flats/slippers. aren't they wonderful? so whimsical i think.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about alarm car manufacturer. I have a website about alarm car manufacturer which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Anonymous said...

Hi:)

Your web blog is pretty clean...and it has lots of interesting things to read about. Congrats!

Regards,
make extra money

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my beauty consultants site.
Have a good day!

Blog Archive