Monday, July 26, 2010

punk rock pork and rice

in he walked

about 30 with flying flag regalia of beer ,bands , tats and skulls

with the prettiest pink mohawk ever

'pork and rice'

he ordered,
delivering me a required scowl and snear

the owner past middle age, asian, slightly plump and relaxed hollered from the table

'hey i like your hair'

'thanks man'
he answered

the owner enquired further
about the hairdo.

'how long it take you to do your hair,
about 2 hours?'

the pink mohawk wearer replyed

'about 15 years'


i waited enjoying the chinese opera, and the old woman that was complaining
and the awesome clashing of floral patterns and the wobegon way the staff did what they must

i got a huge bag of food to take out
the sun glared and i wore sunglasses

and remembered what one of my art teachers used to answer
when someone asked how long it took him to do a certain piece of art

'all my life'

perhaps another answer is

'about 15 years'

the food was a little greasy,
but i knew it would be
but it was delicious

and along with delivering it home
it came with a story at the dinner table
about a very pretty pink mohawk

it's 11am now
do you know where your punk rocker is?

in bed i think shades drawn
in twisted sheets
and full belly.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, thanks for your information and photos. I will go on to follow your blog. If you have time, you can come to my blog and feel free give me some comment, more important thing is be follower!

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

teela said...

I just found your blog. Your writings are beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

Blog Archive