Sunday, July 20, 2008

all that is

words have been slow

coralled into a spot at the back door
in a wire box, some escaped

landed in the lasagna i didn't make

time passes
back and forth

flow and not

rain always sets me right

to get new footing
i always embark on the task of buying new shoes

i got a pair yesterday
walking with achy legs
up yonge street

sort of sporty and casual
with so much comfort
you wouldn't believe it

i got a new part time job
at a toy store

a very nice toy store
in which i get to converse with great 8 year olds
and see lovely babies in strollers

and test out some of the toys

i read books
sometimes seeing authors i know

and then think of my words
and pictures

and serve the next customer

now is a fork in the road
mismatched from the spoon and knife
tucked away

but that shadow box logic
doesn't disturb

i am enjoying talking with others
up from the basement lair in which i do my other work

my feet are tirered
but the newness excites me

the charactors
and textures

the polite hellos
goodbyes

new and familiar
returning and expanding

rain always sets me right

No comments:

Blog Archive