Tuesday, June 13, 2006

chairs


chairs
Originally uploaded by Kim's Suitcase.
i have been doing a lot of sitting, not simply sipping tea however but sewing up batches of cards, sewn and embellished with bits and bobs of lace and fabric, doing stunt plane stunts with my singer sewing machine sweet rita,

i will have my cards for sale this friday at a show that will i think be very fun and vibrant,:

Kit and Kaboodle Show
Friday June 16th 2006
12 noon - 10 pm
At : The Great Hall
1087 Queen Street West at Dovercourt

www.myspace.com/kitnkaboodleshowandsale


I hope I can stay up past my bedtime, perhaps I will ingest coffee,
nawh!

Hope to see you there please say good day if you make it out.

Also I am thinking my name cosmically has been changed to Kitty,
strange I know...please comment!

I will be back with more news, words and pictures. I had been in the Amazon rescueing ancient turtles and boa constrictors.

Good to be back!

6 comments:

Dave Howard said...

hey - The Great Hall is where Theresa and I had our wedding reception..

Kim's Suitcase said...

That was the first thing I though of too Dave.
It is an amazingly beautiful space.

Anonymous said...

ugh! i am bummed I missed tht show- so nearby! but my brain is a one trick house pony rightnow!
hope it was fun and you didn t fall asleep- kitty! ( hee!)

fojee said...

I'd just like to say that your work has a simplicity that calls on me to try drawing as well. I love the idea of sewing onto cards. can you share any tips on your process? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

these remind me a little of Richard Scarry's Word book. It was my favorite when I was a kid - all those little drawings!

Kim's Suitcase said...

thanks for the kind words,
tips on my process,
really i am in the moment when i cook up these noodles, i like to mix it up and let the piece tell me what it needs a little more salt yes, no...an odd ingredient, a smooth sauce..this is the way i work listening and trying and being patient and passionate at the same time, i love making.

Blog Archive