Thursday, February 24, 2005

thursday

ever read sweet thursday by that guy you know
well it is and it was

my thursday
began on the mat
with my new best friend mr. rodney (yoga) yee
he doesn't know me

then i wore a scarf hot pink
with a hat, chocolate brown felt
and a navyblue duffel coat
and boots to the knee
and warm mittens polar fleece olive drab

we walk to school
arrive on time

oh yeah ate the largest apple ever
and remember picking them off the tree
technique learnt 'eye to the sky' twist and pull
warm from the sun
fresh and juicy too

i digress
lots of digressing

i made ratatouille
even though no one seems to love it like me

oh yeah and spyed a secret,
i can't tell...

pick up
wrap head
hurry home

lunch with our friends
little a for you
big l for me
i always learn from this

how to defrost chicken
and not die this week

i missed that lesson
maybe under the coffee table
drawing and dreaming away

i am too involved in cleaning
and the products that once made me nauseous
now make me high
and i like it, too much maybe

i like the sparkle

my day full of run on sentences
and incomplete participles

oh and the snow
individual flakes
on navy duffel coat
another world
small smaller than this

yes, instead of prayer
always grateful
and the occasional
nod to the gods
in the shrine
and out

then my he
comes home

after a short nap
i cook some more
feed everyone
mingle grease and cleanser
and dance my way back up

up up and away
a very nice day
thursday
sweet
today

No comments:

Blog Archive